The Shrewsbury Police
Department has received several grants, including the
- 2017 Missouri Department of Transportation Blueprint for Safety Equipment Grant in the amount of $5000.
- Missouri Department of Public Safety Local Law Enforcement Block Grant 2016 award in the amount of $1,435 to purchase safety equipment.
- Missouri Department of Public Safety Local Law Enforcement Block Grant 2015 award in the amount of $9,719.58 to purchase safety equipment.
- Missouri Department of Transportation 2016-17 traffic safety grant in amount of $7,500.
- A $1,505.00 equipment
grant from the Missouri Department of Transportation in
- Bulletproof Vest
Partnership grants from 2008 through 2016 totalling $38,669.92.
- The St. Louis Area Police
Chief's Association annually from 2011 to 2014 for a
total of $4,000 to maintain Shrewsbury's CALEA
- Missouri Department of
Transportation Traffic Safety grants from 2013 to 2016-17
- Three grants from the
Missouri Department of Public Safety Local Law
Enforcement Block Grant for Patrol Vehicle Emergency
Equipment totaling $8,478 in 2013 and for
Ballistic/Tactical Equipment totaling $9772.97 in 2014.
- A $3,000 equipment grant
from the Missouri Department of Transportation in 2008.
- A $2,500 equipment grant
from the Missouri Safety Center in 2010.
- An $800 scholarship from
the St. Louis Area Police Chief's Association which
allowed a command officer to attend the St. Louis
University Leadership Program.
- A $9,836.70 grant from the Missouri Department of Public Safety for the purchase of a variety of safety-related equipment and items in 2014.
The Shrewsbury Fire
Department has recently received the following grants:
- In 2008 and 2009 from the
Firefighters Grant (FEMA) totaling $106,855 for the
purchase of an exhaust system in the engine room, hoses,
nozzles, ladders, laptops, multi-gas monitoring
equipment, and portable radios.
- In 2008 The Fire
Department also received $10,346 in 2008 from Fireman's
Fund Insurance for nozzles, a piercing nozzle, SKED
Rescue system, a stretcher, an air hammer, and a cutting
Parks & Recreation
The Shrewsbury Parks received
$6,000 in grant money in 2008 for Wehner Park Planning,
$1,000 in 2009 from the Regional Arts Commission, and
$110,008 from the Municipal Parks Grant in 2010 for
"pour in place" surfacing in Brinkop Park.
The Administrative &
Street Department received the FHWA & MoDOT surface
transportation program grant for several comprehensive
street repair projects. The three year project allocation
totals over $1,000,000. Also, these two departments receive
up to $20,000 in HUD Community Development Block Grant funds